The Midianites along with the Amalekite and the people from the East intimidated Israel physically and spiritual. Israel was so intimidated that they went to build dens in caves and rocks to hide. They did not just intimidate Israel; they also devoured all their crops until Israel was greatly impoverished.
1. Notice verse 2: The hand of the Midianites prevailed against Israel, and because of them, Israel was fully intimidated and went to hiding: Now begin to address every Midianite that has intimated you, prevailed against you and sent you into hiding, be it an issue in your life, sickness and troubles or men or spirit, in the name of Jesus, I take authority over you and rebuke you in the name of Jesus.
Declare that this year, you shall no longer prevail over me, I take my stand in the name of Jesus and declare that in the name of Jesus you are under my feet.
2. Notice Verse 3 - 6: It said that when Israel will plant their crops, the Midianites and the Amalekites and the people from the east will come in multitude like locust and lay waste the ground, until Israel was greatly impoverished. Mal 3:10 and above says the Lord shall rebuke the devourer for your sake and he shall not destroy the fruit of your Ground. Pray, this year, every form of devourer, planning to devour the fruit of my ground and impoverish me - be it problems, national or family situations, issues of all kind, stupidities of any kind, men , devils, sickness, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus, and the Lord rebuke you for my sake in Jesus name. The bible says in Job, that the Lord shall thwart the devices of the crafty that their hand will not perform the works of their enterprise. I declare, this year, every device of the crafty shall not prosper. Their hands will not perform the works of their enterprise in the name of Jesus.
3. The Lord called Gideon in the midst of the situation, strengthened his heart and emboldened him to carry out the plans of God for Israel. In Acts 4 the Apostles came together and prayed saying, "Oh God, behold their threatening, and grant your servants that with boldness we may speak your word, by stretching forth your hand to heal and that signs and wonders may be done in the name of your Holy Child, Jesus. Pray, Lord, this year, Give me boldness and strengthen my heart to do and accomplish all you have in mind for me this year in the name of Jesus. Boldness to speak, to act, to move, to drive, to accomplish everything you have in mind for me this year in the name of Jesus. David said in the Psalms, I prayed to the Lord and He made me bold and stout hearted.
4. Gideon broke down all the baal images and Ashera poles that his father and kinsmen have raised. This year, where you are going, sin cannot go with you, Iniquity cannot go with you, other gods cannot go with you. Pray, Lord, I denounce sin, I denounce unrighteousness, I denounce all other gods this year in the name of Jesus. I will live in holiness, I will walk in the word of God, I will walk righteously this year in Jesus name. The Bible says, The Lord led Israel and there was no strange God found with them. I declare that this year, the Lord will lead me and no strange God will be found with me in the name of Jesus.
5. Verse 33-35, All the Midianites gathered again, but instead of Israel running as usual, the Spirit of God came upon Gideon (for exploits) and he mobilized Israel. This year, pray, Oh God, let your Spirit come upon me for exploits in the name of Jesus. The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of God. Make me of quick understanding in the fear of God this year, in the name of Jesus.
The bible says, Let your garment be white and your head lacking not oil. Declare, Lord anoint my head with oil, for exploits this year, in the name of Jesus.