One of the fundamental meanings of the word "Faith" is "Believe". And it is generally agreed that the act of believing is done in our heart, we believe with our heart. For so long we have assumed that if we believed in our heart alone, that was it, that was all about faith, and we all wondered why people never really got manifestations, so people postulated many other theories to fill the void. Something was missing.
What eluded us all was this: Believing with the heart was great, but incomplete by itself, there was also another leg to the deal - Confession with the mouth! For us to obtain soteria (which means redemption from sin, deliverance from whatever trouble and bondage, breakthrough, supernatural supply, whatever salvation means to you) through faith, we, yes, need to agree with the word in our heart but also we must begin to declare or confess what we have believed with our mouth.
Romans 10:8 "if thou shall CONFESS with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall BELIEVE with thy heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved (soteria, completely salvaged)
Notice that it did not say "If we believe alone we will be saved" it said if we had to both believe and declare. Why?
Because Romans 10:10, “With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation" (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
"For by heart me believeth to rightwiseness [Forsooth by heart men believeth to rightwiseness], but by mouth ACKNOWLEDGING is made to health." (Wycliffe New Testament)
"For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved". (New Living Translation)
"For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation." (The Amplified Bible).
When you believe in your heart, God justifies you, declares you righteous, and makes you acceptable to him, But when you begin to confess, declare openly and speak out your faith freely, you confirm your salvation or soteria. Your confession of what you believe results in Salvation. It cannot be said better.
If you want to see manifestation of the salvation you desire, you must start doing the second lap also, confessing, declaring, speaking out freely with your mouth. It is only confession that results in manifestation of salvation.
let's talk about God a little, in Genesis 1, the Bible did not say God believed that what He say will come to pass, it says "And God said" and "He Saw" it was by God saying that he saw. We have been believing so long and we never saw because we never said. It is by saying, declaring, speaking out our faith with our mouth that we can see.
Hebrews 11; "By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made of what does appear". We know how God framed, structured, arranges, set up; put in place the systems of the word - by what He said. You too can structure, set up, arrange, and frame your worlds by the word of God you are saying into the situations of your life!
Let' talk about angels, do you the scripture says, "Angels hearken to the voice of His word". The voice of the His word in this earth is heard in our mouth, and angels are literally jumping all over the place, responding to the word we are speaking, bringing them to pass. If you may know, this is how we command angel, by speaking his word from and in faith. Even God, watches over His words that we are speaking, to perform it. Praise God.
5 things you must know about your confession:
1. We must speak as we believe. That is the way it was done by our “Fathers” and we have the same spirit of faith. 2Cor 4:13 says “Yet we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, I have believed, and therefore have I spoken. We also believe, and therefore we speak”.
2. We can only get saved by speaking with your mouth. See the New Living Translation of Romans 10: 10 "For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved”. Just believing in your heart is not enough to get you the manifestation you are looking for. You get manifestation of the salvation by confessing with your mouth!
3. Jesus is called the high priest of our profession (or confession). “Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus” Hebrews 3: 1; the contest of the word “our profession” talk about our Christian walk. Our Christian faith is called a profession (confession). He is not the high priest of what is in our heart, but of what is in our heart and in our mouth.
Hebrew 4: 14 “Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession (or confession of faith)”.
4. It is what you keep saying that you will have. Mark 11: 23 says "If you say to the mountain, be removed, be cast into the sea, not entertaining any doubt but believe that thing you say will come to pass, you shall have whatsoever you say". Did you notice that in this scripture, there are three “say” in various tenses, and there is only one “Believe” and only one “Doubt”? It ends with “You shall have whatever thou saith” The word saith is the present continuous tense of the word “say” It means, you shall have whatsoever you continue to say! It is what you continue to say that comes t pass. You see why you cannot pray well and then go out and start speaking evil. You need to be consistent in your speaking otherwise you will uprooting your own seed. It is what you keep saying both in prayer and casually that will come to pass.
5. We are the establishing witness. See again Romans 10: 10B from the Amplified Version “. . . with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation”. Did you see it “with the mouth, he confesses and confirms”, you are the confirmer. It is what you agree with and confirm with your mouth that becomes your manifestation.
2 Corinthians 13: 1 “In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established “. This is how the system works, God says it, we agree and also say it; it becomes established in our life.
How do you declare your faith?
1. Through your daily speeches. Speak life, speak faith, speak hope, and speak increase everywhere and every time. Let your speaking be full of grace, and seasoned with salt. I remember during the financial crisis and the credit crunch, people formed a slogan as answer for not wanting to spend money or give to their friends – They would say “there is credit crunch”. It really was making the round, but God gave me specific instruction – “Don’t join them” and bring a credit crunch to your own home. God led me to preach an 8 week series at our home church - Faith International Christian Centre Lagos, on walking in your financial blessing. And we began to speak the blessing on our congregation; we began to teach our people to communicate in giving and receiving as it relates to honouring their parents, paying their tithes, doing things for the gospel’s sake, ministering to the brethren etc. Infact we were so blessed in that period we bought a brand new SUV car in the middle of that time, travelled on holiday to Dubai, and bought our baby’s things from the UK and even planned our first trip to the UK and France etc. Life was really good, right in the middle of the world’s economic meltdown. Let me say this, don’t join the people to do evil or to speak evil, don’t fear their fear and you will not suffer their affliction.
Keep a watch over your mouth. Develop a habit of speaking the right things and the good things you desire. Declare it both to yourself and to other, declare it when you go out, when you come in, when you lie down, when you wake up. Declare it every time in your speech as you go about your daily business. Watch you self and don’t speak death. Remember, you shall have whatsoever you continue to say.
2. Through your prayer. Remember Mark 11:23 says “If you say to this mountain be moved and be cast into the sea. . . You shall have whatsoever you say”. But verse 24, paraphrased, adds to it and says “Therefore (or in the same vein) whatever you ask in prayer, you just trust and be confident that it is granted, you will have them”. If you ask it in prayer, you can rest assured and be confident that it is granted to you. Why? Because he that asks receives, he that seeks finds and to him that knocks it is opened. Praise God. Begin to declare your faith in prayer, say, thank you Lord, whatever I ask is granted, I will see manifestation. Begin to declare in God’s presence, what the word of God says about you and your situation.
3. Through your fast. Fast it, praise God,
4. Sing it,
5. Joke it,
6. Just say it.
Memory Verse: Romans 10:10 "For with the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation"