One of the most important expressions of faith in through prayer. Mark 11; 23 - 24 says "If you say to the mountain, be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea and shall not doubt but shall believe that those things which though saith shall come to pass, you shall have whatsoever thou saith. also when you pray, believe you receive and you shall have it.
I love that scripture, Jesus said "when you pray, believe you receive it . . . " God wants you to leave your prayer place in faith, confident that knowing that what you have asked of the Lord you have received. Why:
1. Because it is God's pleasure to answer prayers. The psalmist said of Him, "You are the God that answers prayers, to you shall all flesh come.
2. God said, "My ears are open to the prayers of the righteous and to their cries. he said, "before you call I will answer, and while you are yet speaking, I will bring it to pass."
3. Jesus said "Ask and you will receive, seek and you shall find, knock and i shall be opened unto you, for everyone that asks receives, anyone that seeks, finds, and to him that knocks, the door shall be opened. praise God.
4. Your prayer as a righteous man avails much, or does great good - James 5: 15. Imagine how much good the prayer you are praying is doing on the issue you are dealing with. Praise God,
5. Jesus told them a parable in the book of Luke Chapter 8, to make tem know that man ought always to pray and not to turn coward, faint, give uo and loose heart. Don't give up and say to yourself "it is no good", pray. Don't sign out and give up on the issue, pray, why, because the prayer you pray is doing great good on the issue. The prayer of fait will completely salvage the situation, no matter it is is or entails.
Faith is not an end in itself, it is a mean to an end. The scripture says "That we may obtain the end of our faith, which is the salvation of our soul. The word "salvation" in that scripture is from the Hebrew word "sozo" and the Greek word "Soteria" which means to completely salvage or completely deliver, whatever that means or entails.