In Jan 2008, my wife gave birth to our first child, a baby boy -Chukwudera Kenneth, before we were discharged from the hospital, the doctor instructed my wife to breast feed the child "on demand". Now my child is just over a year, he weighs an excess of 12kg and tries to sing a few lines of his lullaby, and turn the whole house right side up, lots of energy. He is growing into a real boy.
The fact that my child was born male does not imply that he would grow up into a man. Being male is a function of genetics, but to become a full grown man is a function of training and managed development.
You are blessed!
This is how it is with our Christian life and the blessing (as it concerns our finances or health). Ephesians 1: 3 say "(God) has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus". We as believers are not blessed because of what we did, but by genetics, by being in the Anointed one Jesus, by being in His Anointing. You are blessed because you are in Christ Jesus. 2Cor. 5.17 says ..."if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away, and all things have become new. All things are (now) of God. . ." you are new regardless of. . , no matter what . . , inspite of ... Your finances are new, your health is new, your life is new. Jesus died and rose to get you into this new life.
At the temptation in the wilderness (Luke 4.3-4) Jesus instituted this new life when he declared, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God." From that day, you (the new man) were no longer subjected to the limitation of natural life. From then on you could live by every word of God, beyond the limit of the natural man. When the natural comes to its wits end, you can take hold of a higher life and walk in the word of God. You can get result beyond what the limits of the natural man. You cannot be barred in! your finances cannot be barred in, your health cannot be barred in, your children cannot be barred in, your career cannot be barred in. You are set free!.
However, you achieved this new life not because of what you did, but because of what He (Jesus) did.
Walk the walk
Now you have a responsibility to take this word and walk in it, put it in your heart, your mouth, your thoughts, your perception, and do it until you see your life transformed to that image. It is not enough that you have this new life, you need to walk in the newness of this life.
The same way it is not enough for my son to born male, he need to learn, train, eat, think. act and grow in the life he has, to become a full grown man, so is it with the blessing and the new birth. Just as being born naturally is not an end in itself so also being born again is not an end in itself. It is the beginning!. You need to walk in the newness of that life (Rom 6:4).
How to walk in the new life
2Pet 2: 4 Gives us the recipe for walking in the newness of the life, partaking in God's divine nature, Peter called it. it says " Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises that by these, we might become partaker of the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world through lust". You could be born again and still not escape the corruption in the world. The word "Corruption" means "Decay". There are decays in the world system , like we see in the world's financial system today, there are pestilences and diseases that attack people - Swine flu, Bird Flu, but the bible says that by taking hold of, and staying with these precious promises or instructions from God's word as regards these particular areas of your life, taking sides with them in your words, thoughts and action, doing them, you can walk in the blessing right in the presence of these situations and not be touched by the decay in the world system.
The Instructions to obey
We have listed nine (9) instructions from the word of God that can get you walking in your financial blessings:
1. Communicating in giving and receiving. Philippians 4. 15, Paul talked to the Macedonian Church how that they were the only ones who communicated with him in giving and receiving. Not in giving alone, but in giving and receiving. 2Cor. 8 from verse 1 showed how that in a great trial of affliction (their country's financial crisis), the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded to the riches of their liberality. They entreated the Apostle to receive their gifts and partake in the fellowship of ministering to the saint. Verse 5 says" And this they did, not as we hoped, but first they gave their own selves to the Lord, and to us by the will of God". Did you see that " gave themselves to us by the will of God" They found out God's will (God's instructions(from his word) on what to do) and then gave themselves to the Apostle in line with that instruction. They learned how to give and receiving and they poured themselves into it. They now stayed on that word until they saw manifestation. A change in their own financial circumstances. God wants you to communicate in giving and receiving. People have said give to God and don't expect anything back. But God said no, communicate in giving and receiving. In all aspect of God's instruction about your finances, God has put a giving and receiving structure. The same way giving is an action, receiving is done in words, in thoughts and in action. Another way to put this is "to draw on your store of good thing". You draw by taking sides, in words and thought, with the promise, claiming it as yours and applying that promise in the spoken word over the issues of your life, and refusing to be moved from it until you see full manifestation. See Hezekiah when he was told he would die, he drew on his store of good. He cried to God and said, oh God, see how I have walked before you, Oh God !. . .He drew intently. He drew with passion, he did not let down, and God heard and gave him 15 more year. Remember Dorcas, how when she died and they sent men to Joppa to call Peter. In this case other people drew on her store/account for her. They showed all the things she did for them, and the anointing came on Peter, and she was raised from the dead. Paul in Phil 4. 17 says "not that I desire a gift, but i desire friut that may abound to your account" Fruits you can draw from in good and bad times. This is the first instruction. Communicate in giving and take the promise and draw on your store intently until you see manifestation.
2. Tithing: Kenneth Copeland talks about "Administering your tithe" Deut 26 shows how that tithing is not done only by giving a tenth, but also by word of mouth. The tenth you give becomes your exoderm and the words spoken, become the endoderm.
You are also to draw on your tithe by taking up Mal 3.10 and beyond, and begin to declare that the devourer is rebuked for your sake. When the devourer shows up in your work, career, or in your home, don't sit down and smile and call the pastor, take on the fight against it. Declare I am tither, and this devourer is rebuked for my sake and will not destroy the fruit of my ground. When you go for that job interview don't just go their wishing anything will happen, begin to declare, I am a tither, and a giver, and because I give, it is given unto me. All I know how to do is how to prosper. Wear your nice tie, polish your shoes, look like the winner you are and take on your word. Psalm 149 says " let the high praise of the lord be in your mouth and the two-edged sword in your hand to execute judgment upon the heathens and punishment upon the people to execute upon them the written judgment." This is your honour as a saint of the most high God.
3. Giving: He that gives receives. If you give you will receive. Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down shaken together running over. Luke 6:38. It will be given unto you. Communicate in giving and receiving.
4. Honouring the prophet: Mat 10.41-42, "He that receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward. . . And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of water only, in the name of a disciple, verily, I say to you, he shall in no wise lose his reward". The word "to receive" means "to welcome, accept and entertain or support". If you do that, firstly, you will not be a part in receiving the blessing of God on the prophet, but your own action get rewarded on a higher level as though you carry the anointing of the prophet. Your results or rewards become amplified. What you do that would have yielded a little result, begins to yield larger result. Your efficiency multiplies. The other says for giving a cup of water to these little one in the name of a disciple, you will not lose your reward.
In addition I sense that if we create a cycle of supporting one another as believers in doing good to members of the household of faith, as the bible commands, we can create a chain of good and literarily break the power of any recession. This is what Kenneth Copeland calls God and Sons".
5. Honouring your parents: Ephesians 6.2-3 " Honour your father and your mother which is the first commandment with a promise, that it may be well with you, and that thou mayest live long on the earth". Treat your parents well, take care of them, call them. Again I feel this is a recipe for this time of recession in the world system. If we each call up our parents and grandparent, we will meet their needs at this time and also activate the blessing on our lives. I Believe this absolutely. It shall be well with you and you will live long. You will not die young, you will live long. It will be well with your work, your children, your spouse, your career, your company, all that pertains to you.
6. Doing things for the gospel's sake: The story of the rich young ruler in Mat 19: 16 - 29 comes readily to mind. Remember that the young man came to Jesus, and inquired what he needed to do to be saved. He had kept the commandments but knew he had something lacking. Jesus met him and knew what the issue was, the young man he was sold out to his riches. He (Jesus) decided to address the issue because he had compassion on the ruler. He however addressed it in an interesting way " Go and sell all you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven and then come and follow me". Do you see this same approach when Jesus addressed the Woman at the well, "Go and call your husband", and the woman said, I have no husband, she however gave room for the touch of God. Jesus addressed the man's core problem, He heart was in his riches. His dependence was on it, and he could not trust God. To break that hold, Jesus had to first point out the fact. the guy unlike the woman at the well, went away sorrowful for he had great riches which controlled him, and which he could not give up for anybody's sake, not even God's. But that is not even the point. The disciple got to thinking, if this guys walked away when he was told to give up his stuff, what about them who had given up all. To this Jesus answered, First if you gave up all for my sake first the twelve of you, you will sit with me on the throne. Secondly for everyone that will ever give up anything for my sake and the gospel's sake, you shall receive a hundred fold in this earth and eternal life.
We can do things for the sake of Jesus and for the gospel's sake. You may not like the preacher, but you can support him for the gospel sake and for Jesus sake, because you favour the righteous cause. You can draw on this.
7. Work: Ephesians 4: 28, " . . . let him labour that which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth." You cannot have if you don't work. So. get a job! no matter what. It is totally unacceptable to be without a form of work or the other. Find a job, be active in doing this. It doesn't have to be high paying, but whatever it is, get a job. Also you may have to increase your ability to earn. therefore get a training, a new degree, learn a new trade. You must increase your ability to earn. there is an interesting book I read that covers this topic so well it is a book by George Clason, " The Richest Man in Babylon". Be willing to create a job if you can't find one of if you have a good idea. But whatever you do, you must work. Someone says opportunities are hidden in something spelt W-O-R-K. It is a disorderly lifestyle when people loaf and don't work.
8. Right Speaking and Living: Walking in the blessing takes a change in your total lifestyle. You can’t speak wrong, live wrong and expect to walk in the blessing. God demands that you clean up your word and your acts and live the word. Eph. 4.30 - 32 says for us to put away all corrupt communications from our mouth, be kind to one another, forgiving one another, put away evil speaking, and malice.
Again, by your words your are justified or condemned the scripture says. Don't go confessing how bad things are and how bad things will get for you, start taking on God's word, and saying thing may be bad, but God said he will meet our needs. God is making all grace abound toward us. because we give, we receive. The devourer is rebuked for our sake and he does not destroy the fruit of our ground. Confess Psalm 91: He delivers and shall deliver us from the snare of the fowler. No arrow or pestilence comes near us and our household. He shall give his angels charge over us to keep us in all our ways. Praise God!. Stay with this and live right and you are set for the blessing to overtake you.
9. Giving to the poor: Psalm 112 talks about the righteous man dispersing abroad and giving to the poor and his righteousness enduring forever. It also says his horns shall be exalted with honour. James 1:26 - 27 says pure religion and undefiled before God and the father is this" To visit the widow in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world". God wants us not to forget the poor and the needy among us. God wants us to be king to them. and your horn will be exalted with honour.
Looking at this time, what else can help alleviate people's suffering other than this. Start from your own household and neighborhood. Let's help people to get education, get medical care, get food to feed their household. Be gracious and lend when that family member who is in need asks of you. Help your community. Let's create a chain of good around us and be a blessing.
let's do these 9 thing and you will walk in the blessing!.