3John 2 "I wish above all thing that you may prosper (that all may go well with you) and be in health, even as your soul prospers".
Jeremaih 29:11 "I know the thought and plans I have for you - Thoughts and plans of welfare and PEACE, and not of EVIL, to give you hope in your final outcome.
1. God's plan is for us to have and enjoy our lives in abundance, to the full, till it overflows. To enjoy our families, to enjoy our children, to enjoy our homes, to enjoy our careers, to enjoy our health. God wants everything to be better for us. He wants our marriages to be better, our children better, our health better. John 3:17 says "For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through it might be saved and be made safe and sound".
God does not bring evil to our life, he brings good. Someone may say, "But I am going through this bad thing because God is teaching me something.". God does not teach you things with bringing you evil or killing your child or inflicting you with sickness. It is not God's method. James 1 says "All good and perfect gift comes from God from the father of light in whom there is no variableness or shadow of turning", infact it also says "God does not tempt anyone with evil, and cannot be tempted by evil".
Yes I can decide to go through though things for sake of the kingdom, and we all do make sacrifices, and God appreciates it, in life we make sacrifices to gain good things, that is not in the same category as attributing all the evils in my life to God teaching me something. God can and teaches us better, and shows us his kindness by doing good things in our lives. That is why the bible is a book of testimonies, of God's goodness and kindness.
2. God is a good God. His plans for us is good, His thoughts for us is good, His will for us is for us to enjoy our lives, God's WILL is the same thing translated as God's THOUGHTS or PLANS. In heaven God's will is done at all times, that is why heaven is a blessed place, a beautiful place, a place of completeness and wholeness, but on earth, not so. Jesus asked us to pray for God's will and plans of peace to be established in our lives. We pray it every time in our church, and we pray it boldly, because we know that his plans for us is of peace - Shalom - favour, prosperity, favour, success, rest round about, wholeness, not missing in our lives, nothing broken. We know his plans are not of evil - Ra - disfavour, loss, unrest about us, failure, poverty, loss.
3. God is not against us, he is on our side. Religion has told us God is waiting to punish us, or kill us at every point. But that is a lie, He is not, He is waiting to bless us, He loves to answer our prayers. He prides Himself as the God that answers prayers. God is not our problem, he is our answer - Jesus came not to condemn and sentence us to death and punishment, but that we through him might be saved (Hebrew: Soteria - completely salvaged, delivered, released into a new life), and be made safe and sound. You want to be salvages and delivered and made safe and sound, God wants it too. See, you and God are on the same side. He wants us to enjoy our life, our health, our families, our homes, our marriages, our jobs, our businesses, everything that pertains to life.
So what should I do to start enjoying God's plans in my life?
1. Come to Him. Many times, we live life as if we are all by ourselves. We bear our own burden, try to solve all our own problems, and sometimes, the burdens are so heavy, and the price so great. But God is saying, you don't have to bear your burden by yourself. he said, “Come to me all you that labour and bear heavy burden, and I will give rest" take upon you my yoke, and learn from me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light," (Matt 11:28-30)
You come to God in prayer by faith believing that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11: 6 says "He that comes to God must believe that He is and that he is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him".
The scripture says "If you come to God, He will come to you. If you come to him, He will in no wise cast you out". God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him. We can't say it enough. If you seek him, you will find him.
2. Sometimes you have to enforce the word of God in your life. Every nation have Law Enforcement Officers - Police, Army, and numerous other groups) There job is to ensure that people do not break the law. They enforce the law and punish offender. God wants us to be law enforcement agents too, enforcing the word of God in your lives and families etc. When things start trying to turn south in your lives, it is time to tie up your law enforcement belt and start enforcing the word of God.
You enforce the word by:
a. Speaking to the mountain and commanding it to move. Mark 11:23 says "If you say to the mountain. . ." It did not say if you cry or murmur or complain or tell your neighbour about the mountain" We have a task to speak to every mountain in our lives, be it sickness or pain or issues in our homes. Open your mouth and speak to it in the name of Jesus. Who art thou oh Great mountain before Zerubabel, you shall become a plane, not by power, not by might, but by the Holy Ghost. Every mountain will become plane. Jesus said, if you speak to the sycamine tree and say be removed and be planted in the sea, it will be done. if you speak to the mountain, be removed it will be done.
b. Enforce the word by standing your ground and rebuking the devil over the issues of your life. Ephesian 6 says "having done all the crisis demand, stand therefore" Every crisis demands a set of actions. Stand your ground and resist the devil. Paul said; do not give the devil foothold in your life. Refuse to allow trouble and fear gain foothold in your life. Stand your ground and chase them out of your home in the name of Jesus.
3. Obey the word. God spoke to Joshua in Joshua 1:8 " The book of the law should not depart out of your mouth but you shall meditate on it day and night, so shall you make your prosperous and you shall deal wisely and have good success".
Psalm 1 reads "Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor sits in the seat of the scornful nor stands in the way of sinners, but his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his word does he meditate day and night, he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water who bears its fruit in due season and its leaves does not wither and whatever he does prospers.
a. To enjoy the blessing, you have to know it. Spend time knowing the word. Apply yourself reading the word, hearing the word, thinking the word. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, so fill your heart with good things.
b. You have to speak it. Prayer is a sub-set of speaking. Speak the blessing, Speak grace. Let your words be seasoned with salt. If you will have what you say, imagine what will happen when you start speaking the blessing and speaking life and speaking the word and speaking faith. Things will align for you and start to work. Start speaking good things. Start speaking the blessing, start speaking favour and grace.